Wednesday, November 23, 2011

"Never Born, Never Died, Just Visiting"

Imaginative & Conceptual Illustration assignment based on the Happy Journey project-- choose an epitaph, base your coffin on it, and voila! I chose a famous Osho quote (post title) which, to me, reeked of outer-space and the Hindu religion.

90% complete!

To give the coffin a bit of 'oomph', I made most of it pop-out by placing squares of card of different thickness under the mandala and alien. And as a nice little break from doing everything on openCanvas, I coloured everything with Promarkers (courtesy of Ben! Thanks!)


A little inspiration also came in the form of this song by Cynic-- transition of an 'alien/spirit' from earth to outer space. I feel it fit the project perfectly--
"Box up my bones, I'm coming home" !


1 comment:

  1. So colourful and engaging (the pop-out effect, too)! Reminds me of kids' pop-out books, but tasteful and solid at the same time.

    ReplyDelete