Thursday, May 7, 2015

A big personal step and a transferable 'portfolio'

Being an illustrator it's always a good idea to carry some of your work around with you should anyone ever be interested. I've had the idea of getting a big tattoo on my left arm for years and previously came up with this design - so why not get two birds with one stone? I could never find a draft or blueprint of a Kali tattoo I liked so I decided to try to design my own.



The tattooed version is actually the third version of this drawing with some small edits in the legs, hair, arms and jewellery (which can be seen in the original outlines above) - Wally at Urban Gorilla Tattoos, Sligo, kindly spent time working out a good way to place the legs while staying with the tradition of Kali's pose - and done a great job with the new design idea and the execution!

No comments:

Post a Comment